Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Shabby Chic Gazebo

Before
          Construction:           I started with about 7 sheets of 12"x12" white board, that you can get from Joanns. Its about the same as light weight chipboard. I traced a  9" circle and measured to get 9 equal sections, each section is about 3in wide at the bottom.  Then i scored and cut on one of the score lines to the center. I also scored from one corner to another at the edge of each section to get an octogon. Then folded all the score lines and brought 2 sections together overlaping, creating a octogon cone shape. With some hot glue, i now had my top. Then i cut another 8" circle and made 8 sections and placed it under the top to make a ceiling and so it would be easy to attatch the railings and posts. Then cut a 1 1/4"x12" strip. I scored at a 1/4" to make a 1"x12" section (you will need 2 of these). Then scored every 2 3/4". I cut off the excess and made slits on the 1/4" side at each score mark. Then i folded and  glued the 1/4" side onto the ceiling to make a 1" hanging lip. For the railing, i started by making 3" post and caps. The post was easy to make by cutting a 12"x3" strip, then scoring every 1/4". Using 5 sections i scored and folded them together, to make a quare. Make sure for the 5th section that you trim just a little off, it will help for a better square. With the post caps, i made a hexagon and scored, cut, and glued the same as i did for the top. I then place the cap in the post and marked where they touched to trim off the tip of the cap. The rails were put together with 1/4"x2 1/2" strips. The tip of the railing strips were cut at about 45 deg on each end for the back 3 sections. The side sections did not need this angle. I placed 6 more 3" post on top of the origional post to make the height 6". For the lattuce, i made one big 12"x12" lattuce. I measured the sections and made a template, then place the template over the lattuce at a diagonal and traced. I cut them out then fitted them in each of the back 3 sections. I then made two 6" post for the front and attatched every thing to the top. I decorated the inside, then glued it all to the bottom section, which is a 10" circle with 8 sides. I also made a 1/2" lip.

After


I painted the top with sage green and white acrylic paint. Also used Folk Art crackle medium. I also used sequin and pearl flower trim on the top edge. I also use white shabby rose trim painted with Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst Spray in "Frosted Forget Me Nots".

I used a 1 1/2" rose, and 3 1" roses from I Am Roses for the topper. Also painted the roses with Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst Spray in "Frosted Forget Me Nots". 
I used white 6" flat lace and white tulle for all the swags. I tied each of them with a painted I Am Roses flower. I also placed the flat lace on the outside of the back, from the bottom to the top, accross all three sections.
I place some gorgeous dangle trim in the window on each side. I covered the ribbon with the sequin flower trim.






Thanks for looking
♥Misty♥


Recipe for this Shabby Chic Gazebo:

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness this is even so much better in these picture than the video. Are you an architech? Your are amazing.

    ReplyDelete