Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Teach me Tuesday altered trim & Explosion box

Hi everyone it's Kelly.  Welcome to my TMT - Teach me Tuesday for October 16th.  I am getting ready for a craft fair and so I have been working on some really neat boxes lately.  I wanted to do an explosion box with some beautiful trims from Mbtreasurista.com and so what I have for you today are a few of the new trims I altered with glimmermist and copics.  The new Satin ruffled trim in different sizes, I used white and glimmermisted in green.  I also used the clear flat back pearl trim and copic colored it in green as well.  You can also use your alcohol inks to do this, put a few drops of alcohol in a ziploc bag, insert the trim and basically squish between your fingers for a few minutes enough to coat the entire surface, remove and you have some great altered trims that match the exact color for your projects.

Here is the video and a few photos of the process and finished product, I hope you like it!  

~Kelly









No comments:

Post a Comment