Thursday, April 25, 2013

Inspire & Believe


Happy Thursday MBT Fans!

There are so many ways to create beautiful layouts. With so many options, it might be hard to decide exactly what to make! Well today's project is all about giving you lots of creative ideas and techniques for creating your own unique work of art! We have a decor layout coupled with the fun story behind it from Rochelle Wilson (Madame Ro). She even has a start to finish at the end of this post, so take a look, some cool techniques!!!

All you Rochelle:

Hello my Crafty Monsters (in my Lady Gaga voice)..lol

I would love to share with you my latest MB Treasurista DT creation, which is a Lady Gaga Mixed Media layout. On this project I channeled my inner Gaga. The concept and story for this particular creation is:

Picture it: Williamsburg Brooklyn (the land of hipsters and art) You're walking down the street feeling the artsy vibes that are coming your way and feeling so inspired by all the art and hipsters that surround you. You look to your left, and lo and behold you see this big colorful, abstract mural of Lady Gaga on the wall of an old building. The mix of bright bold colors, and the circular patterns just blow you away. This is what you see... "Inspire & Believe"


I used one of those corrugated cards by Recollections, that you can get from Micheal's, as the background. I love the texture of those cards. I am currently experimenting with image transfers. I want to explore the possibilities and different mediums that images can be transferred onto. So I transferred this image of Lady Gaga onto the painted background of the corrugated card. I really wanted to capture each ridge coming from out of the photo.

First I applied some of my homemade sprays in various bright colors, then I used some Clearsnap Colorbox Fluid Chalk Inks (which I absolutely love) along with the crafters workshop Mini Chicken Wire Stencil that's available at MB Treasurista's store to create some circular patterns onto the card. I then did the image transfer over it so that the colors from the background (along with the ridges) would bleed through the image. I wanted to add a bit of dimensional texture so I found some small black rubber-bands and placed the sporadically on to the layout. To accent the eyes I used some brown tone mulberry leaves from MBT and a black zipper. Attached to the zipper is an art-i-cake charm. And of course no project is complete without some Prima, so I added some orange Prima flowers and "Inspire" & "Believe" light bulbs. I had so much fun experimenting and playing around with the mixture of bright colors. Here are some more photos for ya. I also did a start-to-finish video of me creating this piece so feel free to watch.



I used the clearsnap chalk ink on the rolled flowers, leaves, rubber-bands to create the colorful tie-dyed effect. 







Thank you so much for stopping by.

Muah!
Madame Ro


This project is so fun and inspiring! Big thanks to Rochelle for sharing her gorgeous project. We hope you'll stop by and see us again! Thanks for visiting!

We always encourage you to post your creations to our Facebook page or Craft Community! We'd love to see what you've been creating with MB's Treasurista! 

MB's Treasurista Facebook

"Creating the Crafty Life" Craft Community

Happy Thursday,
Your Friends at MB's Treasurista

No comments:

Post a Comment